Phase II Re-opening
Beginning on Tuesday, August 11, the Pawlet Public Library reopens the library building to foot traffic two days per week with patron limits. Only 10 people (patrons and staff combined) are allowed in the main floor on Tuesdays, 11am-6pm and Thursdays, 10am-5pm. Masks are required, and visits are limited to 15 minutes.
Curbside pickup of library materials, including Inter Library Loan requests, will continue. This no-contact pick up is recommended and encourage. Curbside pickup is Wednesdays, 1-5pm and Saturdays, 11am-1pm. Patrons continue to call or e-mail the library staff with requests for curbside service.
Staff members are available by phone (802-325-3123) or by e-mail (email@example.com) during regular library hours, Tuesday through Saturday. Community use of the library meetings rooms is still suspended until further notice.
The Library Board and the Library Director will continue to monitor the official COVID-19 recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Vermont Department of Health, and the Vermont Department of Libraries, reserving the option to adjust services in response to any changes. Plans for future phases of reopening the library will be communicated on our website and Facebook page and through other available channels.
Patron Protocol for entering the library building two days per week: Tuesday, 11am-6pm and Thursday, 10am-5pm:
- Only 8 patrons at a time are admitted to the library’s main floor.
2. Library visits are limited to 15 minutes.
3. Patrons continue to return books in the outside book drop, not at the circulation desk.
4. Patrons are required to wear masks and maintain a distance of six feet from others.
5. Patrons disinfect their hands with hand sanitizer at the library entrance before browsing books.
6. Books/CDs/DVDs touched by patrons (but not checked out) are left on the library table for staff to move to the quarantine area at the end of the day.
7. Patrons are limited to two books and two DVDs or CDs per person.
8. Public computers are not be available.
9. Public bathrooms are closed to patrons.
10. The kitchen area is closed to patrons.
Patron Protocol for Curbside Service: Curbside pickup hours will be two days per week: Wednesday, 1-5pm and Saturday, 11am-1pm.
- Patrons are limited to two books and two DVDs or CDs per person.
- New materials may be checked out for two weeks, DVDs for one week, and other materials for one month.
- To select materials, patrons may browse the library’s online catalog or browse our new items. You will find many new titles that have come in for adults and children in March/April and May/June.
- Patrons may also call the library 802-325-3123 if they need help choosing materials, or if they would like to borrow materials via Interlibrary Loan. After taking the information, a staff member will research the request and call the patron back.
- Interlibrary Loan requests take at least two weeks or possibly more because the materials received are quarantined for four days before they are available for pickup.
- To check out a book, patrons must call the library at 802-325-3123 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patrons will be called when their materials are ready for curbside pickup, and staff will verify if special accommodations will be needed for those with mobility issues.
- Patron’s orders are place in brown paper bags (marked with first and last name initials) and set on a table inside the front entrance of the library. Patrons cannot enter the main floor of the library.
- When using curbside pickup, patrons are required to wear masks and maintain a distance of six feet from others.
- Staff members are not available to talk in person with patrons using curbside pickup. Patrons need to call the library at 802-325-3123 for assistance and to reserve materials.
- Patrons are asked to return their materials on the due date by placing them in the book drop box at the front entrance of the building.
- All returned materials are quarantined for four days before they are checked in and re-shelved.
- The library asks patrons to be patient during this new process since it will take longer to process requests and circulate materials.
Free Online Content: The following free services are available to all Pawlet Public Library card holders. Follow the links below to access online content. Please contact the Library for account numbers or passwords.
Access our online catalog by clicking this image.
Access FREE downloadable audio & eBooks
Access self passed online continuing education.
Research and reference data basis
Books, Movies, & Music
Vision: The Pawlet Public Library is an essential player in sustaining and celebrating a vibrant, revitalized and resilient community.Mission: The Pawlet Public Library’s mission is to provide a leadership role in unifying the community through shared resources and meaningful experiences for all generations.
The Pawlet Public Library has been in continuous operation since 1903. It was housed in a small room in the Pawlet Town Office building until 2002 when the library was moved to the historic former grammar school building, which was renovated for this purpose. Since then the library has expanded, making full use of the building’s 2,800 square feet of space. It now boasts over 10,000 items in its collection (books, audio books, DVDs) for adults and children and participates in inter-library loan. It also provides wireless high-speed internet access and online services to download additional eBooks and audio books.